Let Only Packages
- Prepare particulars and rental valuation
- Marketing and advertising of the property
- Tenant selection and full referencing
- Inform landlords of all safety regulations
- Preparation of tenancy agreements
- Collection of first month Rent and deposit
- Advise Tenant of procedures for registering with Utilities
- Deposit release procedure
Letting & Rent Collection
In addition to the let only and Tenant find service collection of monthly rental
- Prepare monthly Statements
- Liaising between Landlord and Tenant
- Chase late rent
- Tenant check out and report
- Deposit release procedure
Tenant Find & Full Management
In addition to the letting and Rent collection service:
- Arrange for property maintenance and repairs subject to Terms of Business
- Property inspections, subject to Terms of Business
- Ensure Tenancy compliance
- Advising on Extensions and renewals subject to rent review.
- Complete final inspection of property, subject to Terms of Business
- Arrangement of annual gas safety testing
- Regular inspection and final check out inspection
- Preparing and sending of appropriate legal notices
- Preparing comprehensive pictorial Inventories
Appledore, Summary of Services
- Agents with Local Area Knowledge
- Advice on Buy to Let Market
- No Let No Fee
- Extensive Marketing of your Property
- Honest and Regular Feedback
Letting a property can be a smart investment, just as long as you research the market and get expert advice. Appledore are trained to give you just that, helping you make informed decisions.
Existing home or second property
You may have an existing home or 2nd property that you wish to let.
Appledore will assess its suitability and potential market value for you.
We can also recommend some appropriate improvements that may raise the value and desirability of your home.
Buying to Let/Market Appraisal
Buying a property specifically to let has become an increasingly popular way to enter into or expand within the lettings market. Appledore will advise and assist in your search for the ideal investment property for you to acquire. You will need to consider in which area you wish to purchase, taking into consideration the requirements being made by your prospective tenant.
Tailor-Made Appledore Services
Appledore offers a Range of Letting and Property Management services to cover all aspects of your Let as shown above.
Our Services for all Landlords
Your property is a valued investment. Appledore understand the importance of working closely with our Landlords. We provide a comprehensive range of professional services that will ensure you get the best advice possible and peace of mind. We believe this is why clients choose to use our services, because with Appledore we offer a dedicated local service.
Why rent with Appledore
For all your property requirements, Appledore have expert knowledge of the local market to ensure the process of renting your new home runs as smoothly as possible.
By registering your requirements with Appledore, we will help you find a property that suits your needs and budget.
Appledore are committed to providing exceptional service and advice to Tenants and deliver “best practice advice”.
The Appledore experience
Things to consider:
- Rental budget
- Move in date
- Furnished, unfurnished or part furnished
Each specific property may have a list of restrictions on the property. Please ask for details for specific properties.
How much rent can I afford?
As a guide, your annual income(s) (before tax) must be at least 30 times the monthly rent of the property you are applying for. Should you need a guarantor the must be earning at least 3 times the annual rent of the property you are applying for.
Appledore always insist on accompanied viewings for potential tenants – mainly as a security precaution that protects you as much as anyone and it gives you an opportunity to ask any questions you may have about the property.
Take a debit card with you and a means of photo-ID as well as proof of residency (Eg Council Tax bill). The turnover of rental properties is high so by having these items it will allow you to proceed quickly if you view something you like.
If you are meeting at the property, please ensure you are on time. Our negotiators work to tight diaries so it may only be possible to wait for a couple of minutes. Please plan your route and arrive early if necessary.
Applying for a Tenancy
You must be over the age of 18 to apply to rent a property through Appledore. Application forms will need to be completed for each adult who wishes to reside in the property.
All applicants (over 18) and guarantors (if required) will be credit checked, have their employment verified and previous/current landlord references will be obtained where applicable.
The essential information you will need in order to proceed with a tenancy through Appledore are:
- A recent utility/council tax bill or a current tenancy agreement
- A photo style driving license/passport
- If you are not an EU citizen you will need official evidence of permission to live in the UK until the last day of the tenancy
- Details of your current and previous addresses for the past 3 years
- Contact details for your current or previous landlord(s)
- Contact details for your current employers / accountant (if self employed)
- Next of kin and contact details
What is a Guarantor?
A guarantor is someone who agrees to abide by all of the terms of your tenancy agreement, including the payment of rent, but has no right to live at the property. Your Guarantor will also need to be fully referenced.
A Guarantor may be requested for the following reasons:
- If you are a student or are on housing benefit
- If you have not been in the UK longer than 3 months
- If you have a low income to rent ratio
- If you are not on a permanent contract of employment e.g. Agency work or fixed term contract
- If you have a poor credit history
- If you are self employed and are unable to provide two years of tax returns
In the normal course of our management services, we will from time to time pass your contact details on to our contractors listed here, in order to for them to carry out maintenance issues reported by you, to comply with the landlords obligations during the term of your tenancy and any subsequent renewals.
If you are a Landlord, you need to ensure you give your permission to us before we would give your details to any third party. Your data is held securely.
This list is not exhaustive, but covers:
- Gas Engineer
- Chimney Sweep
- Oven Cleaner
- Carpet Cleaner
- General Cleaner
- Inventory Clerk
- Appliance repairs
- EPC and Legionnaire Surveyors
- Painter and Decorators