Landlords, were you aware that under the Deregulation Act 2015 their is now a responsibility to issue certain documents to the tenant at the start of the tenancy?
- The latest version of the Government’s How to Rent Guide.
- The deposit protection certificate together with the completed Prescribed Information.
- Proof that the smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors were tested on the first day
- A copy of the latest Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) for the property.
- Any applicable License from the local authority.
In the case of a property that has one of our independent, pictorial inventories there is no problem in conforming to the proof of smoke alarms and CO2 testing, this is part of the service and documentation of the condition of the property.
However, where a Landlord uses our ‘Tenant Find’ only service, with no independent pictorial inventory, we will now be issuing forms for you to complete and submit back to us on the first day of new tenancy in order to comply with the Deregulation Act 2015 to state that you have checked the alarms and that they are in working order prior to tenant entry. If we can help in any way please call the office on 01548 853555. Or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org